Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transponders for 2012????
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Transponders for 2012????
Its been mentioned on the buxton forum about 1300`s needing a transponder for next yr, is there any truth in this concerning buxton and skegness drivers, i notice there`s nothing in the 2012 skegness rules( still awaiting ours at buxton)
appreciate any info
cheers chris
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 08:28 AM
RE: Transponders for 2012????
hi chris
it was brought up at the drivers meeting , but decided that even through it was a good idear it was not something that everybody could do,take john moat and his two boys ( 3 transponders needed in one family), so it was decided to stay as we are ( no transponders ) .

http://www.cjsracephotos.co.uk Phone 07824426382 ..Chris..
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 04:40 PM
(05-12-2011 08:28 AM)CJs Race Photos Wrote:  hi chris
it was brought up at the drivers meeting , but decided that even through it was a good idear it was not something that everybody could do,take john moat and his two boys ( 3 transponders needed in one family), so it was decided to stay as we are ( no transponders ) .

Further to above email I have been making enquiries about getting transponders, and have had discussions with 1-2 Driver reps, and are currently trying to work out a deal wherebys the Drivers pay in instalments over a few race meetings (or you can pay in one go if you want to) and then I would order them from the manufacturer, they would be around £350 per unit. (I can get that down if we order around 100) A lot of money but certainly something to think about. The lapscoring is all on Snoweys shoulders and I know she would appreciate the transponders to cross check against, we have tried for years to get someone to help Snowey, if you know of anybody get them to contact me. Your comments about the transponders would be appreciated.

Hazel Cooke, Skegness Stadium Promoter
05-12-2011, 07:01 PM
(05-12-2011 04:40 PM)hazelpromoter Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 08:28 AM)CJs Race Photos Wrote:  hi chris

Further to above email I have been making enquiries about getting transponders, and have had discussions with 1-2 Driver reps, and are currently trying to work out a deal wherebys the Drivers pay in instalments over a few race meetings (or you can pay in one go if you want to) and then I would order them from the manufacturer, they would be around £350 per unit. (I can get that down if we order around 100) A lot of money but certainly something to think about. The lapscoring is all on Snoweys shoulders and I know she would appreciate the transponders to cross check against, we have tried for years to get someone to help Snowey, if you know of anybody get them to contact me. Your comments about the transponders would be appreciated.
Thank you chris and hazel for the replys.
I can see the help they`d be too a lap scorer but its an expense alot of drivers would probably want to do without but if it is brought into the rules would that deal u mention be open to drivers registered at buxton aswell?
Thanks again for ur responses